Sunday 4 March 2012

Back once again.....Welcome to Eye of Ochruros

After a long hiatus and some gentle persuasion, I have at last decided to return to the blogging fold. It’s something I’ve been toying with for quite some time, but I wanted to make sure the time was right.

At the turn of the year, I decided it was high time to push my life list up a bit (towards the 300 notch) and generally get out and about a bit more. So I’ve been putting this into action, with a bit of filthy dirty twitching (Yellowthroat in South Wales, Spanish Sparrow etc) and some trips away (Norfolk and Hants/Dorset). My recent adventures have furnished me with plenty of ‘material’ to get this new blog rolling, so I will aim to bring this up to date over the next week or two.

I will be getting about the mighty West Midland Bird Club Region (West Mids, Worcestershire, Warwickshire and Staffordshire and have some exciting trips away planned (Portland in May). No doubt there will also be a few more twitches within a reasonably specified distance.

I bird because it makes me happy to be outdoors connecting with nature, I am always learning about birds and also because it’s great fun. This is often due to the people as well as the birds. I do not take myself too seriously, like to have a laugh and have met some fantastic friends through birding.

I hope you enjoy reading Eye of Ochruros.

No comments:

Post a Comment